Wednesday 17 August 2016

Joey's Challenge #126 finish my tile..

Yet another first for me..this time an entry for Joey's Challenge. I was not aware of this one until this weekend so thought I would have a go.
The idea is that Joey starts a tile, this one with a Paradox triangle, then we finish off the tile.
What a fun idea, I've really enjoyed the concept and the process.
So..to Joey's Paradox I abutted some of Kate Ahren's Tropicana and surrounded the whole lot with Tricia Faraone's Sanibelle. I struggled a little with the Paradox shading (as ever) but decided to leave the little highlight in the very centre, Tropicana and Sanibelle were both totally new to me but an utter joy to draw..thanks to those ladies :)

16 comments:

  1. Oooo, love this one, both the tangles you chose and the fabulous shading. It's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Devin thanks for the lovely comment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't yet tried a Joey's Challenge - maybe one day soon. But I love what you've done. Sanibelle is so addictive to draw, and Tropicana is so classical and structural. I've seen some people draw a band of something else, at an angle behind it so you see it through some of the space - if that makes any sense - and it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Someone else had suggested I try a Joey's and I just loved the idea of 'finish my tile'! Sanibelle IS addictive isn't it and I did consider slipping it behind the Tropicana but thought it might be over egging the cake lol! Thank you for your comment Jem.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely tile! The composition is really great with the patterns you chose;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much Michele :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You found it! Your work is so lovely Hilary, so precise and detailed, and beautifully composed too. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks to you Suse as I hadn't heard of Joey's challenge! I enjoyed the idea of finishing the tile without worrying that I was messing up someone elses work lol! x

      Delete
  8. Beauiful tile! Love your choice of patterns and your shading.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the nice contrasts you' ve created in this beautiful tile, drawn so well and carefully.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ria! I hope all you kind commenters know how encouraging it is to have such lovely feedback :)

      Delete
  10. Replies
    1. Thank you Susan I enjoyed this challenge :)

      Delete
  11. I really like this smooth paradox...elegant and stately. The entire piece reminds me of a stroll on the boardwalk, or a bridge over a bay. Very pretty. Excellent Olympics tribute, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you very much! It's lovely and so encouraging to have such nice comments :)

      Delete